Minimally Invasive and Non-Destructive Techniques
Innovative Investigation of Building Defects and Failures
Specialist Material Condition and Performance Investigations
Cost Effective and Independent Remedial Specification and Design
Holistic Analysis of Complex Problems
Professional Property Services
Founded in 1963, H+R are an independent team of property professionals and scientists with long standing expertise in providing specialist building material investigations, both in contemporary and historic structures. Individual surveyors are members of RICS and RIBA.
With a broad service portfolio of expert advice aimed at the professional property services sector, we pride ourselves on constantly maintaining our innovative working practices to always stay at the forefront of industry developments.
H+R’s professionally qualified team members come together from a range of technical disciplines that include
- Environmental Science
- Wood Science
- Building Conservation
Their in-depth, subject specific knowledge together with the wealth of advanced technical resources available to them means that the H+R team is able to deliver an unrivalled level of service and support for every project.
Our specialist building surveys contain detailed information for each client along with practical recommendations for remedial or refurbishment works. In each investigation, H+R aim to provide the maximum level of information and holistic remedial advice on any building related issue. Our non-destructive, minimally invasive surveying techniques do not make use of damaging interventions or chemical treatments, and we offer sustainable solutions that are particularly suitable for conserving structures and heritage buildings.
Our suggestions can often be implemented with moderate cost and time effort, and with little disruption to occupants.
As a broad based firm of consultants, H+R have experience in many areas of building investigation. Our specialist expertise in building material condition and performance investigations makes H+R a valuable professional partner for design teams, both before and during a project.
- We can perform specialist building performance and material condition investigations relating to building failures, and particularly highlighting any issues with timber decay, masonry and damp penetration.
- We have special expertise in building pathology and conservation, and are experts in dealing with damp and decay problems.
- We can supply detailed specifications for remedial repair and refurbishment.
- We provide environmentally responsible remedial advice, avoiding the use of unsuitable proprietary systems and chemicals.
- We also provide risk management and value engineered solutions, as well as expert advice to insurers and loss adjusters, with a particular focus on flood and fire damage.
- We can deliver valuable information for statutory planning applications, planned refurbishment, quantity surveying and risk management purposes.
- We work with building warranty providers, planning officers, heritage bodies and conservation officers, where necessary.
- We also offer in-depth advice and in-house consultancy services on a broad range of technical, environmental, scientific and legal property issues.
H+R are experienced in conducting projects both in the UK and abroad. We are pleased to be acting for many of our fellow industry professionals and regularly provide support to structural engineers, architects, project managers and quantity surveyors across a varied range of projects. A selection of case studies completed by H+R can be viewed here.
Our noteworthy client list features many heavyweight names in our industry, and we feel privileged to be working with professional organisations such as
- Foster + Partners, Purcell, Donald Insall Associates, Law and Dunbar-Nasmith Architects, Simpsons, Squire and Partners
- ARUP, Alan Baxter and Associates, Price and Myers, AKS Ward, WSP, AKT II and Elliott & Co
- Gerald Eve, Urban Velvet, Bollingbrook, Jackon Coles